ExpressJet Airlines has been a scheduled airline for 35 years and has operated as United Express, Delta Connection, American Eagle and as a standalone carrier. The airline is certified currently under FAR Part 121 as a Domestic, Flag and Supplemental Carrier flying EMB145-LRs and EMB145-XRs in Passenger and Cargo, IFR/VFR, Day/Night operations.
ExpressJet has operated all variations of the most popular Embraer and Bombardier regional aircraft. Including the following:
- ERJ145 (LR/XR)
- CRJ200 / CRJ700 / CRJ900
- ATR42 / ATR72
As an airline that has operated more than 400 aircraft (#4 airline by aircraft – globally – in 2011), its manuals, procedures, processes, systems, safety and underlying structure reflects is strength and capabilities.
- ATL based headquarters near Hartsfield with easy access and a professional relationship with the ATL FAA Certificate Management Office.
- Adequate parts, support inventory and equipment for ERJ145 maintenance.
- Over 15 years of ExpressJet certificate experience for each position required under FAR Part 119 for the five principals.
- Industry executives with experience in fee for departure and standalone airline models.
- Experience with all popular models of regional aircraft.
- ExpressJet is a privately held Delaware registered LLC. KAir Enterprises LLC has majority ownership of ExpressJet with United Airlines maintaining a minority ownership interest.
ExpressJet has the following approvals or authority from the FAA:
- AQP carrier – (Advanced Qualification Program) Voluntary alternative to the traditional regulatory requirements under CFR 14, Parts 121 for pilot training and checking.
- CAT II Certified carrier
- Digital authority for electronic signatures and EFBs for flight crews.
- Approval of an Airline Transport Pilot Certification Training Program (ATP CTP)
- Special airport authority qualification ability (i.e. Vail, CO).
ExpressJet’s commitment to Safety and programs include:
- FAA Approved Part 5 Safety Management System (SMS) in September 2017
- Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) for Pilots, Inflight, Dispatch, and Tech Ops
- Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) program
- Member of the Flight Safety Foundation, Member of ASIAS, Listed on the IATA Operation Safety Audit Registry
- Internal Evaluation Program (IEP)
ExpressJet’s Maintenance Department has:
- Full-function reliability program which allows for escalations beyond Manufacturers programs
- TRAX maintenance and records systems
- Deep vendor relationships for Embraer and Bombardier products
- Ability and experience to perform in-house heavy checks
- Dominican Republic
- Grand Cayman Islands
- Turks & Caicos